Wesco Liftkar SAL Ergo Power Stair Climbing Hand Truck (375 lb. Capacity Pneumatic Wheels) - Wesco 274148 is a dependable hand truck for any material handling that help to reduce worker fatigue and the risk of injury, as well as reduce the number of employees needed to deliver cargo. Innovative edge-of-step sensor activates the brake when the truck approaches the next step, providing excellent load control while preventing the truck from accidentally rolling down the steps.
- Load Capacity : 375 lb.
- Pneumatic Wheels
- Height : 63"
- Weight : 42.7 Lbs
- Wheel Diameter : 10"
- Maximum stair climbing speed: 29 steps/min
- Weight without/with quick-change battery unit : 16/20 kg
- Maximum step height : 210 mm
- Dual-speed control allows the truck to fit your working environment.
- Quick-change 24 volt sealed maintenance-free battery pack and charger offer exceptional performance.
- Maximum number of steps with fully charged battery: 200 to 300 - Ascending 400 to 600 - Descending Lightweight.
- Durable aluminum frame is designed for years of service.
- Ergonomically designed handle has a non-slip rubber coating for maximum comfort.
- Once you place the snap-on battery on your truck, your simple hand truck suddenly becomes a versatile battery powered stair climber.
- The motor makes going up and down stairs a pleasure. And thanks to the wide pneumatic or puncture-proof wheels.
- The LIFTKAR SAL is as manoeuvrable as any standard hand truck and can be used used outdoors on rougher surfaces as well.
- The powered Liftkar which is the most popular choice, as its 3 gripping points on the handle provide excellent balance for a variety of loads.
- optional accessories, spare battery, vehicle charger, keg hook, extra cargo strap (see the accessories tab for pictures)
The SAL Series climbing stairs has been reduced to the minimum: the LIFTKAR pulls itself up onto the step above and lifts to only the necessary step height. During descent the motor acts like a brake to bring the load down smoothly. It is also ideal for winding staircases and landings where space is restricted. A lubricated mechanical clutch provides the unit with optimum protection against impact to the support wheels. Additional electronic protection prevents damage due to overloading.
While climbing, SAL hand trucks do not move any further than the height of each step. This makes high speeds possible at low power consumption. The extremely low weight of the truck itself is also a great advantage here. Without the quick-change battery unit the hand truck is only 6 kg heavier than a normal hand truck. The LIFTKAR SAL is basically a conventional aluminium hand truck that is able to climb stairs without physical effort.
The intelligent control system enables the load to be transported at two speeds at the touch of a button. An intelligent sensor system even allows the hand truck to find its own way down. You simply let the LIFTKAR SAL roll to the edge of the step. It then lowers itself smoothly onto the next step without you having to press anything. That means you can concentrate 100% on what you are doing. The LIFTKAR SAL is ideal for rapid delivery and transport, regardless of the application.
Extremely lightweight for a stairclimber: only 16 kg plus 4 kg for the quick-change battery unit
- Very fast: up to 48 steps/minute
- Two speed settings: slow/fast
- Intelligent lifting unit starts automatically when going down stairs
- Hinged toe plate mounting - fixed version also available
- Features sliding clutch and electronic overload protection
- Manoeuvrable on the level like a normal hand truck
- Even negotiates spiral staircases and landings where space is restricted
- Large comfortable pneumatic/microcellular flat free tires, dia. 260 x 85 mm
- Non-stop operation around the clock with a second battery unit and the in-transit charger (battery capacity is directly related to the load transported and the condition of the battery - average performance is 200 to 300 steps upwards, and at least twice as many downwards).
Technical data of quick-change battery unit>
- Weight: 4 kg
- Capacity: 5 Ah
- Voltage: 24 VDC (2x 12 VDC - 5 Ah)
- Battery cells: sealed, maintenance-free lead-acid gel (approved by DOT and IATA for air freight)
- Fuse: internal blow-out fuse (30 Amp)
- Socket for charger: DC jack, dia. 2.1 x 9.5
- Power contacts: 2 spring-loaded copper pins engage with contact plates on LIFTKAR